Bible-365 is our goal to read the entire Bible in one year. The reading plan we will use can be found at this link.
Reading through the entire Bible is a relatively simple task, if you are dedicated to taking it slowly and daily. Each day’s reading is only about 3 chapters long (5 per day from the Psalms when we get there), and only takes between 15-20 minutes to read. If you commit to only about 15 minutes of Bible per day, you can read the entire thing in a full year (something that many Christians have never done). To get you excited about the task, here are some Bible facts:
Did you know?
- The NIV Bible has 773,692 words.
- It would take 70 hours to read aloud.
- It has 66 books, and 1189 chapters.
- It was written in three languages (Hebrew Aramaic, Greek).
- Written over three continents (Europe, Asia, Africa).
- Written by over 40 different authors (shepherds, farmers, tent-makers, physicians, fishermen, priests, philosophers, and kings).
- Written over a period of 1,500 years.
- It has been translated into over 2,000 languages.
- It is the #1 best-selling book in the entire world.
- The Old Testament is incomplete without the New Testament.
- The New Testament cannot be understood without the Old Testament.
- Together, the Old and New Testaments are God’s revelation to man of His provision for salvation.